Thursday 5 May 2016

Dim Sims (by G)

Back when I was just a little ginger boy I used to eat a crap load of the crappy dim sims that come in bags of about 50 and are made from road kill and MSG. What a great childhood! In the end the quality got so bad, so gristly, that I stopped eating them.

I had a sudden nostalgia for these dim sims at about midday and decided to have them for dinner. At the shop there were a variety of choices, many of them looked delicious, but I went with the very cheapest variety.

As we don't have any way to steam anything at the moment I figured that boiling was just a more intense form of steaming and dropped the dims in for 20 minutes. They came out perfectly. A note on eating steamed (boiled) dim sims: you must eat them very quickly - before they dry out.

I had these with some sauce I mixed up some time last week, the contents of which I do not recall but likely included soy sauce, pickle sauce, garlic and chilli of some kind. My verdict: Awesome... and less gristly than I remember.

No comments: