Thursday 6 October 2016

Akiba (by Biggs)

Some of the Canberra folk took me out to dinner tonight. They asked how much I was willing to spend on dinner and seemed quite pleased when I said that money is no object when it comes to eating good food.

They decided on a super swanky modern Asian, mainly Japanese, place that does share plates of excellence. I avoided any ordering responsibilities particularly as my friends have been here enough times to have tried almost everything on the menu and know what's good.

We had a bunch of raw fish, some rare beef, soft-shell crab buns but the highlight of the meal was definitely the charred fish wings - holy shit delicious.

We complimented this all with many many beers and wines....not to mention the flaming cocktails! Oh, hang on, I just mentioned them didn't I?






No comments: