Tuesday 11 October 2016

Tofu Satay (by Biggs)

Nick invited me over to dinner tonight before we headed to his local pub for trivia. Tofu satay was on the menu and, whilst it pains me to compliment Nick, it was pretty fucking great.

I love a mid-week dinner at a mate's place and never mind what ends up on my plate but this definitely had the markings of being made by someone that's pretty handy in the kitchen. Tofu was nicely charred, vegetables cooked to perfection, delightfully tender rice and a satay sauce that actually tasted like something other than peanut butter.

The tastiness was probably a result of whatever went into the morter and pestle I heard grinding away in the kitchen. Nick seemed only only willing enough to reveal that it was made with mystery spices mixed with a previously homemade mystery curry mix.

Oh well, whatever went into it.....it was super tasty.

No comments: