Saturday 1 October 2016

Pasta Puttanesca (by Biggs)

I really enjoyed cooking tonight, it's a long weekend, I had a glass of wine in hand, the Bulldogs had just won. Pottering around in the kitchen making a simple meal was just what I was in the mood for.

I've sort of lost my cooking confidence of late so have decided to concentrate on simple classics for the next little while.

G asked why it's called puttanesca halfway through the meal, clearly reflecting on some inside knowledge. In the style of prostitutes....that's what it means. No one seems to know if it's the lure or the scent but I think it's because of the fishy anchovy paste in the base.

A tomato base cooked down in garlic, anchovy paste and chilli with some black olives, capers and parsley stirred through spaghetti.

Dinner was most excellent.

No comments: