Friday 19 August 2016

New Best Chicken (by Biggs)

A few years ago I was introduced to 'Magic Chicken' - the best chicken recipe one will ever know. I shared it with my friend Aaron and this week I got a text from him introducing me to a recipe he has name 'New Best Chicken'.

Pretty simple theory - "Flour, season and brown chicken bits (anything with skin and bones will do) in a heavy oven pan. Throw in diced potatoes and a couple of bruised garlic cloves. In the oven for 20 minutes. Throw in brussels sprouts and wedges of lemon. In the oven for 15 minutes. Pull out chicken, potatoes and sprouts to rest. Mash garlic and lemon in pan with a bit of flour to make lemony gravy. Eat."

I mustn't have cooked the flour on the chicken off again because it still tasted a touch doughy though that may have been because I put waaay too much flour in the lemon gravy. It had pretty much solidified by the time I got dinner on the table. The lemony gravy was SUPER lemony but all in all a good dinner.

I'm happy that I now have Magic Chicken and New Best Chicken in my recipe arsenal.

No comments: