Monday 8 August 2016

Veal (by Biggs)

The colleague I'm working with in Warrnambool this week has very generously put me up in a cottage she owns next door to her house. After a fair bit of work travel it was really nice to feel so at home. She even invited me to join her family for dinner. I usually like my own time and to hermit away in a hotel during work travel but I have a real fondness for this workmate and was really quite charmed by her family.

We ended up all heading to their local pub....quite a flash affair with an impressive a la carte menu and a warming pizza oven in the corner. Not just warming but also functioning. Whilst, I didn't order pizzas, the pizzas coming out of that baby looked pretty great.

I ordered a crumbed veal on greens and mashed potato. Pretty satisfying....and perfectly complimented by a couple of red wines and some lovely company.  

No comments: