Saturday 20 August 2016

Jaffles and Whiskey (by Biggs)

I've been a bit bored and lonely this week so asked Red for some Saturday night company before I go away for work for a week. When she asked what I wanted to do I very rapidly replied "Ice Hockey, Jaffles and Whiskey and a band at the Gem".....it's possible I had already thought about this.

We didn't make it to the Gem after an incredible meal at Bad Frankie put us into a coma but we were more than happy to end on this high and stumble home. The fact that a jaffle and whiskey bar exists is almost enough for me but boy I was happy to eat here tonight.

Our approach was to put the jaffles in order of our preferences and order the top two....then another two. The menu was pretty amusing but we included some classics which, no surprise, turned out to be the best. We had a ham and cheese, a chicken and mayo, a corned beer and a bangers and mash. They were all perfectly jafflized on white bread and all fucking delicious.

I'd love to see the kitchen set up here......just 20 jaffle irons all in a row and loaves and loves of white bread. Seems like a manageable gig.

The whiskey menu was somewhat intimidating so we narrowed it down by selecting a Victorian whiskey in our price range which I think ended up being the Bakery Hill Double Wood Malt. A perfect way to top of a perfect night.

No comments: