Friday 30 September 2016

Party Pies (by Biggs)

A long weekend means party pies because - it's a party! I at least decided to serve them with some vegetables. I'd thought some classic peas and mashed potato goes well with pies but then G and I met for beers and all plans went out the window. I still managed to buy some peas on the way home but there was no time left to cook up potatoes.

Fortunately our local supermarket sells pre-roasted potatoes and home made bits and pieces for the lazy and unorganized amoungst us. On offer tonight was potato bake. I'm bloody useless at making it but this version was delicious - perhaps because I was full of beer. G suggested I  used up some bacon he had in the fridge and there was no hesitation on my part. Peas and bacon - a winning combination.

No comments: