Sunday 11 September 2016

Sri Lankan Curry (by Biggs)

Okay - it's official, I shouldn't ever be let near a curry or a stew or a casserole ever again. I don't know why I struggle so much with the concept but I sure am not great at cooking them.

I was super excited about dinner tonight because Fi had given me some Sri Lankan curry powder last week - a belated Birthday present because it wouldn't fit in the post pack she's purchased to send down my other gifts (yes, multiple gifts....my friends are stupid generous).

I wasn't really sure what a Sri Lankan curry comprised of so in the end just made it up. I cooked down a crapload of the curry powder in some oil then added a bunch of vege stock. In that I cooked some beef and potato for a long long time and added some beans and fried eggplant at the end.

Halfway through I noticed the flavour was super mild. I was surprised that a 'crapload' wasn't the correct quantatiy of curry powder to be using but upped it some regardless. Didn't make a difference. The curry was good in texture and theory. Just didn't taste like anything.

I was happy with my cook on the rice.

No comments: