Tuesday 21 June 2016

Mexican Kitchen (by Biggs)

It's Tuesday night so I thought I should adhere to the name of this blog and seek out a tortilla on the streets of Bendigo. I clocked a place called 'Mexican Kitchen' which like it would suit.

Throughout my work travels spent buying take-away I've discovered most places are called 'Something' Kitchen. In recent times I've had Indian Kitchen, Vietnamese Kitchen and now Mexican Kitchen. I've noticed there's a Turkish Kitchen up the road so imagine I'll dine there tomorrow just to stick to the theme.

My hopes weren't high for dinner so I went for a combo of a taco, taquito and enchilada hoping one of them would be good. Turns out they were ALL good. I was well impressed with the meat they were stuffed with - slow cooked flavourful goodness - and very generous with the cheese which earns points with me. The rice and frijoles were a bit average but, on balance, quite a good dinner.

No comments: