Monday 27 June 2016

Truffle Risotto and Truffled Cheese (by G)

I got a truffle at the markets and was pretty excited to use it, but Biggs had to go away for a week and I thought it would be a dick move to use it in her absence. From internet research I discovered the truffle should last for up to a week if I stored it in some rice in the fridge, the bonus being that the aroma would also permeate the rice. In reality the truffle dehydrated and shrunk to about a third of its original size. I had to shave and chop it into little bits just to scarcely cover a couple of modest serves of risotto (the same risotto I had practiced earlier). There was a little nubbin left which I grated and sandwiched into some brie cheese.

The flavour of the risotto was probably a bit overpowering in any case. One day I will get me another truffle and serve it right.



No comments: