Wednesday 3 February 2016

Sashimi, Gyoza and Sticks (by Biggs)

Today everything caught up with me.....three weeks of farewells from Brisbane, drinking too much, eating too much, packing, moving, new job, being incredibly unwell, being in an unfamiliar town, an unfamiliar house, an unfamiliar office, not really knowing where my clean undies are packed in my mammoth bags, not really knowing where my friends are other than the fact they are 1700 kms away....it all got a bit much, I woke up SAD and was on the verge of tears all day.

The good news is I do in fact have a handful of friends in Melbourne and one very dear friend who works in the city too and is always on hand when beer and a hug is required. One beer and one hug later and we decided to go out to dinner to her favourite Japanese haunt. We order everything, ate everything, then stopped by a dive bar on the way home for one more beer and one more hug.

Boy, I feel a whole lot better! It might have been the beer and hug or it may have been the awesome food - edamame, gyoza, chicken on sticks, takoyaki and sashimi. A very standard order for me but a very delicious order to say the least.





No comments: