Friday 12 February 2016

Veal Scaloppine with Chianti (by Biggs)

A really fun night tonight with one of my ex-work collegues being in town. She and her husband were down for work so a group of us headed to Lygon Street for Italian food and wine. A LOT of Italian food and A LOT of wine. Well, mainly, a lot of wine.

We had breads and chips for entree and I chose the veal scaloppine for dinner. It was beautifully cooked, the wine sauce was incredible and the crispy pancetta made me very very happy. What also made me happy was bottle after bottle after bottle of chianti being ordered. The wine, served in faux-wicker baskets, made me cringe at first but after bottle number two I got pretty charmed by the whole thing.

We ended up being those dickheads who just start drinking and refuse to ever leave the restaurant. We were still drinking at midnight with the whole place packed up around us and the staff sitting in the gutter smoking waiting for us to go. We were eventually asked to leave. Great night!


*full disclaimer: for one of the first times in blog history I may have forgotten to take a photo of dinner. This is stock footage I found on the internet. I don't know what happened but I blame the wine.

No comments: