Monday 1 February 2016

Soup Dumplings (by Biggs)

I found myself wandering around Richmond at about dinner time this evening, so popped into a groovy looking dumpling place. I ordered eight pork soup dumplings and took them to a nearby park to eat.

They were incredible - the broth that poured out of them was delicious, the wrappers were perfection and pork is always excellent. I must admit some satisfaction in this meal came from sitting on my arse eating whilst watching a park full of boot-campers not sitting on their arses eating. It's sort of like drinking beers on your deck after a night out, the sun is rising, as early morning joggers are pounding the pavement past your house. Very satisfactory to say the least.

Given I haven't quite aligned myself with Melbourne suburbs, tram routes, streets or directions in general as yet I'm pretty sure I'll never find this dumpling place again but feel this town may have many more excellent dumpling treats on offer.

 

No comments: