Saturday 13 February 2016

Vege Burgers (by Biggs)

I don't know why this photo was taken so close up and focused on the spinach leaves but, it is what it is. What it actually is, is a fucking delicious vege burger made by my friend Mandi.

She did some magical things with legumes, grains and/or pulses to create these little flavour-bomb patties then offered up all the salad items you could possibly imagine. Everyone was left to pile their preferences on a bun of their choosing with sides of butter, hummus and sauces galore.  

I think I overheard that the patties were made from lentils, quinoa, curry powder, coriander, turmeric and the like. Really super tasty. I went with a seeded bun, lettuce (though it seems I mainly picked out spinach from the lettuce mix), hummus, tomato, carrot, cheese and plenty of white wine.

There was a dessert platter of everything that friends brought along so fruit, date slice and cheesecake. An eclectic mix but a tasty one. A really lovely night of food and board games with some excellent people. I hope to have many more Melbourne evenings like this one.

No comments: