Tuesday 26 July 2016

Kangaroo Tortillas with Beetroot and Feta (by Biggs)

I've had this tortilla fusion in mind for some time.....you make tortillas as much as we do and eventually you have to do a shitty fusion.

I decided on a lamb tortilla with a beetroot salsa. Alas when I went to buy lamb I couldn't find any (what the fucking fuck?) and I had this theory that kangaroo would be a good replacement. It was a good replacement but not a worthy replacement. In fact, I shouldn't even refer to it as a replacement - I, in fact, just used a different meat.

G noted that some of the kangaroo was a bit tough because the butcher cut it on the wrong bias.....turns out I was the butcher but fortunately realised my error early on and started slicing correctly. I coated the meat with some classic tex-,mex favours and fried it off to medium rare.

I chopped up a bunch of tinned beetroot and also offered up some feta cheese, chili and coriander.

Pretty okay in the end I reckon!

No comments: