Saturday 23 July 2016

Soba Noodles, Salmon and Prawns (by Biggs)

Seeing a band over at Northcote Social Club tonight so Red and I met a bit earlier to forage for food on High Street. It's usually pretty hard for us to walk past a Japanese Izakya and tonight was no different.

We ordered slightly differently this evening. I always get edamame to sneak a bit of green into my body but we also ordered a soba noodle salad and some fried prawns. It seems I forgot to photograph the prawns. Perhaps because they were pretty average - really greasy and soggy and doused in sweet mayo. The soba salad on the other hand was fucking genius, fresh, delicious with some savoury and some crispies. Good stuff.

The edamame were served cold which was a bit disappointing but still served their purpose.

Red always gets salmon sashimi for dessert, much to my delight, but today she mixed it up by ordering it seared. Turns out I like the raw version much, much better.



No comments: