Friday 8 July 2016

Roast Quail with Polenta (by Biggs)

Quail is my favourite bird to consume. I've got no idea why, they're annoying little fuckers to eat. I've had some success cooking them before so thought I'd give it another crack.

I wrapped them in prosciutto, doused them in a brown butter herb concoction including thyme, rosemary and sage. All good things.

I severed them with some soft polenta. Once again, I have no idea why, neither G nor I are massive fans. It's my least favourite, err....flour? I was however determined to do a good job of it. No one ever cooks it for long enough so it's always super grainy. It's also easy to forget to add flavour when it comes to polenta. I cooked it down for ages and ages and ages in milk and chicken stock then added an absolute fuckload of butter and parmesan. Still, pretty average.Definitely the best I've ever had but average.

This was a fancy dinner, it was good, I cooked it well but by the time it was on the plate I was a bit over it and somewhat disgusted by handling the little birds.

No comments: