Tuesday 5 July 2016

Mini Tortillas (by G)

I had the idea of putting the miniature tortilla press I bought in Mexico City to work by making mini-tortillas. Alas, after a bit of experimentation I discovered that the tortillas it presses came out (after shrinking through the cooking process) little bigger than an average sized cookie and just about as useful for preparing tacos with. The mini-tortillas shown are the result of just using less dough pressed in a regular sized tortilla press.

The filling was an afterthought but I went to some effort to make a fresh chorizo out of pork mince, fresh garlic, red wine, paprika, oregano, some chilli flakes, dried cumin and whatever else I could find in the spice drawer. This is a bit of a departure from a traditional recipe bit the flavour was pretty good. For colour there was also a bit of a tomato, cucumber and coriander salsa with a spritz of lime.

No comments: