Tuesday 26 April 2016

Cheese and Chorizo Empanadas (by G)

I was going to make some delicious and presumably moderately healthy empanadas for dinner, then I saw a recipe for Cheese and Chorizo empanada so that idea went out the window. Not having queso fresco to hand I strained some ricotta cheese to dry it out a bit. It didn't dry out too well and my opinion of what ricotta cheese is and what the manufacturer thinks are two completely different ideas. This stuff was like sweetened clotted cream - that concerned me a little, but I added some grated Colby along with fried chorizo and onion and pushed ahead regardless.

The result was okay, the insides of the empanadas looked a bit like curdled egg - which was not too appealing. On the side was a sauce of homemade chilli, tomato and roast capsicum sauce given to me by our neighbour. I don't leave the house or talk to people, but that's before I discovered that people give you things when you do.


1 comment:

Bonita Garton said...

Chili sauce and a haircut, G?