Sunday 24 April 2016

NMBBQ Numero Uno (by G)

I had the good fortune a couple of weeks ago to pick up a BBQ box from a kitchen supply shop for the very reasonable sum of $20 - I thought, being a long weekend, it was time to put it to use. I marinated some lumps of beef in a soy, garlic, chilli sauce and pickle juice mix (I don't know what pickle juice is, I impulse bought a bottle of it some time ago - it's fermented so it's a bit pungent, not what I would have expected pickle juice to taste like)... anyway, after marinating the beef I strung them on metal skewers then barbequed. For variety I also barbecued some shitake mushrooms, par-boiled potatoes, spring onions and very expensive tart green tomatoes.

For a metal box with holes in it I though the BBQ did a good job, the base became a bit warped with the heat but that is easily bent back into shape.

No comments: