Tuesday 12 April 2016

Giant Tostada (by G)

This is not the elegant tortilla meal I had planned to make, but I could not locate coriander and I forgot to buy tortillas and I sure as hell wasn't in the mood for making them, so once again I turned to the pita bread in our freezer as a substitute.

Topping the pita bread is a layer of melted cheese and some pork mince cooked with tomato paste, garlic, onions and hot paprika.  I've bought hot paprika in the past and wondered why they call it 'hot' because it seems pretty much like regular paprika - not so the stuff I bought recently. It would have been good to know before I dumped about a tablespoon of the stuff in my mince - it had the equivalent heat of cayenne pepper and made the mince quite spicy (to say the least).  I had to water down the heat with a selection of the chilli sauces I had to hand.

Verdict: The flavour was good - a little heavy on the spice. A+ for presentation.

No comments: