Sunday 6 December 2015

Steak and Cous Cous (by Biggs)

First time cooking in a little while but dinner was quite a success. I decided on a cous cous loosely based on a Jamie Oliver recipe. I say loosely based because I just used what I could find at my local grocer.

So, cous cous, two types of tomatoes, avocado, coriander, chili, jarred jalapeƱo and lots of old bay spice, fried egg on top and some sliced rump steak.

The recipe called for black beans which I knew would be a great addition but I couldn't find a tin at the grocer. Luckily I was having an afternoon wine at Nancy's and her husband was coincidentally cooking up some Mexican black beans for their dinner. He generously sent me home with some. They were super tasty and by far and away the best thing on the plate. Their deliciousness far outweighed any guilt I was feeling about stealing food from the mouths of Nancy's children.

No comments: