Saturday 12 December 2015

Sausage with Cabbage and Carrot Puree (by G)

I'm a sausage monster and when Biggs whetted my appetite the other day I decided I would require more sausages. I couldn't remember if Biggs went to the Stores and wanted Italian sausages and they gave her Pork and Fennel, or if she wanted Pork and Fennel and they gave her Italian... anyway I asked for Pork and Fennel and they gave me Pork and Fennel. They also had some bags of bacon bones so I picked up one of those.

My plan with the bones was to simmer them in water and make a kind of bacon jus for the sausages but the reduced liquid was just a bit salty to have as a sauce. Instead I decided to use it as the seasoning for the carrot puree and mushroom and cabbage fry.

The carrot puree was just boiled carrot with some leftover fennel that I softened in a pan blitzed with bacon water to a fine consistency.

The sausages turned out to be extremely salty so with the salty mushroom and cabbage and the salty carrot puree this dinner turned out to be quite the salty one.

I had mean to pick the meat off the bacon bones and fry it up with the cabbage. I forgot to do that and so served them on the side. They were the least salty thing on the plate.

No comments: