Sunday 20 December 2015

Kartoffelpuffer (by Biggs)

I love, love, love a potato pancake of any persuasion but am TERRIBLE at making them. I was at our awesome local deli recently and saw they had boxes of kartoffelpuffer mix. A box of potato pancake mix? How could it possibly go wrong?! Well, I don't exactly know how it went wrong but it sure did.

The pancakes turned out weird and wet and gummy. A very strange texture that never seemed to really cook through. But, as I said, I love a potato pancake of any persuasion so was still pretty happy with dinner. Especially given I served it with a side of smoked salmon. And super especially because I got to use the work kartoffelpuffer about 35 times this evening.

The salad was tomatoes, cucumber and olives as well as some rocket.....chopped up given G's immense fear of it's chocking potential. Chives and creme fraiche topped it all off.

No comments: