Thursday 17 December 2015

Three Cup Chicken (by G)

I was reading 'The Grub Street Diet' the other day which featured Dominique Ansel, he cooked Taiwanese three cup chicken. I figured that if one of the world's best pastry chefs can cook it it must be pretty simple - and it is.

The name 'Three Cup' comes from the use of equal quantities do sesame oil, rice wine and soy sauce. The only other ingredients are chicken, garlic, ginger, chilli, thai basil and spring onions. The whole lot is simmered down and served with rice (or in my case noodles).

My version did not turn out too well in the looks department, I over reduced the sauce and the oil split out but the flavour was excellent.

A note on the chicken, I used a packet of 'chicken nibbles' from the supermarket which were, in fact, just chicken wings. Honestly! Has it really come to the point where people are so afraid to know where their meat comes from that they can't just call a chicken wing a chicken wing any more?

No comments: