Sunday 27 December 2015

Cold Pea and Ham Soup (by G)

Got to use up the ham, that is the post Christmas rule. Pea and Ham soup is a traditional 'use up the Christmas ham' post Christmas meal, the weather is kind of hot though so I decided to do a cold version. I had some fresh coriander so I decided to try an Asian version with lemongrass and other fresh Asian flavours, but I couldn't find any lemongrass or whatever else I was looking for.

In the end I just fried up some spring onions and garlic, added ginger, minted peas, some fish sauce, chilli sauce and coriander and blitzed the shit out of it... then strained it, not something I would normally do (or probably have ever done) but I was in the mood for straining. I'd fried a bunch of diced ham earlier so it was just a matter of dumping that in a bowl and pouring the cold soup on top. The ham was plentiful. Whatever other complaints there may be no-one can complain about the quantity of ham.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

HAM! Very generous amounts of HAM!

Probably won't die of scurvy which is also a bonus.