Wednesday 9 December 2015

Homemade Pizzas (by G)

I'm on a bit of a no food waste blitz at the moment so when I had tortillas, roast chicken, coriander and salted onions left over from Tuesdays tortillas I decided rather than just keep them in the fridge and bin them later I would put them to use in Wednesdays dinner.  The obvious use for that particular mix of ingredients was to make pizzas. That tied in nicely because Wednesday is market day and I haven't been to visit the cured meat guy in weeks, so I got a pepperoni.

It was only after I had assembled all the ingredients that it occurred to me that Wednesday is supposed to be vegetarian day... but as they say in parts of Europe, 'once the pepperoni is in your hand your fate is sealed'.

I made three varieties of pizza, roast chicken and caramelised onion topped with coriander; pepperoni and salted onion with kiss peppers and an anchovy and olive pizza with capers. By far the best pizza was the simplest - anchovy and olive... so salty.

Note: I owe the universe one vegetarian meal.

No comments: