Tuesday 5 January 2016

Chicken Fajitas (by Biggs)

We eat a lot of tortillas - you may have noticed. Tonight, I was 100% not in the mood for tortillas. Just when I was about to refuse to cook them a work colleague sent me this - boy, did that get me back on track! Though, after collecting some groceries post-work I was pretty uninspired by my selections.

By the time I got home I'd slipped back into being completely sullen about Tortilla Tuesday, which is when G got involved and fed me beer. The beer was actually to celebrate a serious achievement in our household but after a rollercoaster of motivation, and lack there of, it also got me back on track....again!

I fried up some chicken, onion and capsicum, added some flavour and slapped the mix on a tortilla - very satisfying in the end. Particularly after the addition of lime, sour cream and coriander that actually tasted like coriander! Unheard of in this neck of the woods.

Good to know that all it takes to get me to put dinner on the table* is beer, amusing animations and real coriander. I still wasn't motivated enough to make the tortillas from scratch....but, next time....guaranteed.

*laps whilst sitting on recliners in front of a broken TV

No comments: