Friday 29 January 2016

The Last Supper (by Biggs)

Tomorrow I'm moving to Melbourne! Up until now I was very excited about the move but today, my final day in my beloved Brisbane, I was very, very sad. I love this town, it's a special one, a lovely little city made all the more lovely by my wonderful friends.

When I knew I was moving I immediately made plans for my last night to be spent at Fi and Dan's for a homecooked meal with a small group of my people. It's my favourite thing to do in Brisbane.

It was a very special night and a perfect way to farewell my town. Fi said they were just going to do something simple. If this is their version of something simple perhaps I won't leave after all.

Slow-cooked lamb shoulder, enough to feed the whole city, was served. It had been in the oven with all sorts of deliciousness for a day or so. Same deal with the potatoes. A salad was served with figs and pears and walnuts. It was all pretty perfect.

Fi made a simple little dessert of meringue, strawberries and cream which was also pretty perfect.

It was all pretty perfect. I'm going to miss my people. They're pretty perfect.


No comments: