Saturday 2 January 2016

Chicken Ball Noodles (by G)

Still on the leftover train I decided to use up some chicken mince... the logical solution was to make some chicken meatballs and have it in a broth with noodles (from the pantry).

There was some unfortunateness on a number of levels. First I mixed the chicken mince with some garlic and ginger then added some potato starch - way too much potato starch - to bind. I couldn't remove the potato starch so I pressed ahead. The resulting chicken balls were very dry and doughy.

I had made a stock with some bacon bones simmered for hours in water, that was to be a broth to cook the noodles in and serve with the chicken balls. The amount of bacon broth that came out at the other end was only enough to cook the noodles so the resulting meal was soupless.  For flavour, and to use up some other ingredients, I cooked the crap out of some shredded cabbage (to try and get it correctly burned) along with some diced ham, the bits of bacon meat from the bones, some soy and my new best friend, "Franks - Redhot" hot sauce. Adding the hot sauce may have been a step in the wrong direction because the resulting meal was a bit tart. Still, the final dish had noodles and ham so there is that at least.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Okay, sure, initially I couldn't identify what the balls were. As soon as I was sure they were just little potatoes I could taste meat in them and the guessing game continued. Turns out I was pretty much right though. I like noodles. There was quite a lot of...er,....flavour.... though.