Tuesday 12 January 2016

Rich Man, Poor Man (by Biggs)

Dinner tonight was with a bunch of work colleagues halfway through a two day conference. We headed to the hotel restaurant to share a meal ,all a bit too tired for a glass of wine but ravenously hungry.

There was standard hotel fare on offer - a fish, a chicken, a pasta, a steak. Though something called Rich Man, Poor Man caught the eye of my friend Lee-Anne and I. A beautiful steak strangely served with some mince wrapped in bacon topped with pate? What the hell? I guess the pile of mince was the poor man? However unappealing the pile of mince was it's hard for me to pass up pate. Sadly the pate was oddly grainy but at least that probably means it was housemade which I respect.

The steak was good and it's always a bonus to get some green on a plate. I was intrigued that Lee-Anne's steak (she passed on the Rich Man Poor Man version of a steak dinner) was requested at the same done-ness as mine but came out well-over done and mine rare.

Ah well, no matter.....still pretty good for a hotel meal.

No comments: