Monday 7 September 2015

Chopped Salad....and Meat (by G)

I was in the mood for a massive hunk of meat - happily I found a rib roast at the store that satisfied my desire. I didn't do too much with the meat, just seasoned it, roasted it in the oven for a bit then rested it. The meat was excellent.

As most people know, I am particularly fond of vegetables - alas, Biggs is not. To try and tempt her I tried to mix up the flavours, textures and colours. Sliced purple carrots, kohlrabi, capsicum and a sprinkling of mixed sprouted seeds (we saw a show recently where Nigel Slater used sprouted seeds and Biggs seemed very enthusiastic about them - or, perhaps, mockingly disdainful. Yes, the latter one sounds more like how she would view sprouted seeds). I had a handful of pickled onions and olives in the fridge so I sliced them up and threw them in as well for luck.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Well, I was not expecting a chunk of meat this this big for dinner.....especially on a Monday brilliantly cooked. Satisfying salad too. Interesting and good. I particularly liked the magic beans.