Thursday 3 September 2015

Hangug-eo Seutail-ui Jeonyeog Sigsa (by G)

I love Korean food and this is probably the most authentic Korean meal I've made. It was fun to make too. Just put some cubes of pork belly in a pot, add some hot regular bean pastes, raw onion, capsicum, kimchi, garlic and a little water then let it simmer away until the pork is satisfactorily cooked. I added some of the thick rice cake noodle type things near the end as well - because that adds to the authenticity.

I served the stew on a bed of shredded lettuce and topped it with some spring onion.

Delicious. Maybe a bit too spicy for Biggy. It was very pleasing to my palate and, in the end, isn't that the main thing.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I've never spoken much about my love of rice sticks. In fact, it's been so long since my last rice stick I'd forgotten about said love. But, I love them. And, we all know I love pork. So, dinner was a grand success. I was initially aghast about the quantity of lettuce but G was correct to mellow out the Korean spice. In saying that I didn't quite manage to finish all my lettuce. But willingly accepted the dessert of delicious seaweed snacks.