Sunday 13 September 2015

Hotpot (by G)

I've owned a hotpot pot for ages and only ever cooked one hotpot. Disappointing I've used it only once. I decided to rectify this by making another.

There are a million hotpot recipes out there - I won't go into details other than to say that my version includes Szechuan peppers - lots of. I did a bit of a half-half thing with spicy stock and non-spicy - it's good to have a break from the spicy sometimes.

For dippings I provided heaps of things, fishballs from a packet, puffed tofu, fresh chicken breast, hokkien noodles, enoki mushrooms, Chinese greens, carrot, prawns, pork ribs (that I precooked for safety) and some bundles of konnyaku noodles.

It's a bit of a piss-about to make, and costs more than the gross domestic product of most the world's countries but hotpot is about the best thing you could ever choose to cook.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

I was super excited about dinner tonight. G hinted at Hotpot which is always an exciting night. Just stupendous. And, fun to eat. Perfect broth. Perfect accompaniments. I don't think I even needed the not hot broth this time.....perhaps I'm building a resilience.

I checked my comment from last Hotpot - "G is on a winning streak....this was terrific. My rectum was leaking fairly violently the next day which is a sure sign of an excellent hot pot."

My rectum leaked fairly violently this time as well but once again - a sure sign of an excellent hot pot!