Tuesday 29 September 2015

Green Chorizo Tortillas (by G)

I had seen green chorizo ages ago and was determined to make it, somehow or other it slipped my mind. Eventually I remembered and here it is.

The chorizo is a mix of pork mince and ground toasted spices (bay leaf, cloves, cumin seeds and coriander seeds) along with some blended green things parsley, coriander and chillies - also roasted garlic. I was super tempted to add paprika but the recipe didn't call for it.

I made some sauces as well - one with grilled avocado, fried onion and coriander. The other with roasted garlic, red chilli, tomatoes, some liquid smoke and a dash of savoury chilli sauce.

All that was topped off with crumbled feta.

Serving dinner family-style can get a bit nail-biting sometimes, when the good stuff is running out and there are still tortilla wraps left... so I decided to serve these tortillas ready made. The green chorizo was okay - much greener than I expected and a bit dryer and more crumbly.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

Impressed with green chorizo....they got a touch hot for me though....seems I'm not quite yet at match fitness.