Wednesday 2 September 2015

Miso Soba Noodle Salad (by Biggs)

There's a recipe, on the back of the packet of the most popular brand of soba noodles for a smoked salmon and caper dish, that is loved by this household. I thought there must be a vegetarian version and there was. Although, it turned out to be no where near as delicious.

This particular tofu was better than the average tofu (even with no seasoning added) but it still paled significantly in comparison to the delight of smoked salmon.

The soba noodles cooked to perfection (because I hovered relentlessly over the boiling pot to avoid overcooking), then chilled and served with slightly steamed carrot and snap peas as well as some rocket and thinly sliced radish. The tofu and some sunflower seeds were added along with an oddly acidic dressing.

The dressing was rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, miso paste, oil, Dijon mustard and ginger - mixed together it just tasted like lemon juice....even though I forgot to add the half lemon that G had left over from last night.

This dinner was horrifically healthy tasting. It made me feel good eating it - I could literally feel my superpowers returning....like, the ability to walk up a set of stairs and comfortably put on a pair of socks. But still, healthy dinner, really? What the hell was I thinking.

No comments: