Tuesday 1 September 2015

Prawn and Citrus Tortillas (by G)

It never occurred to me to make ceviche tortillas before, I don't know why. Possibly because the only time I've ever had ceviche it was in a hot, fly-blown shed somewhere in Latin America - the soggy, slightly rancid acid cooked seafood that I ate there did not greatly impress me.

I thought that with fresh local ingredients I could probably make a decent ceviche - in the end I lost my nerve and lightly cooked the prawns a little before marinating them in a lime juice, garlic and chilli mix.

The tortillas were quite good with the standard chunky salsa I made - I kind or regret pre-cooking the prawns in hindsight.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I didn't realise how desperately I was in need of a nice, refreshing, nutritious dinner. Thanks fuck this happened, saved me from scurvy and certain death for at least another 24 hours.