Friday 6 November 2015

Consume and Corn (by G)

I thought I would scavange dinner from the carts around the plaza in Oaxaca as a sort of progressive meal. Hotdogs and Hamburgers are common but I´ve had both of these recently. Apart from potato chips and sugary drinks the options are pretty limited. I found a taco cart that also did consume - onion, corinader, chilli sauce and finely chopped animal parts topped off with a meat broth. The organ meat made the soup fairly bitter but a squeeze of lime mellowed that out. It´s a really moreish combination.

Eventually I decided I should probably try the boiled corn that everyone is so fond of - Elotes (I think). I got one with the lot - mayonnaise, cheese and chilli powder a bit like paprika. I regret getting the chilli powder, it didn´t have much heat, tasted like dirt and ended up all over me. Still, the corn was very good.

After that I took a little break to get a drink and did the thing I´m not supposed to do by proving to the Mexicans how much I can drink. I managed to find one of the most disreputable drinking establishments Í´ve ever been in and proceeded to get loaded. Any thoughts of additional food were eradicated.



No comments: