Saturday 7 November 2015

Pozole (by G)

Pozole is a soupy pork and corn stew - why would I not want that? I wandered about looking for a place to get it but most of the restaurants in Oaxaca that had it on the menu appeared a bit too romantic for me to dine alone at.  Eventually I found a place - kind of like a sandwich bar - that had it.

Sadly the stew turned out to be pretty bland - I managed to get it to taste like something by adding a large quantity of lime juice and pickled chilli. Amusingly I was only given a knife and fork to eat it with. Oddly ´spoon´ is one of the words in Spanish that I just can´t remember - I know it is similar to ´knife´ but that is another word that I have trouble remembering so not helpful. In the end I just stole the spoon from the communal pickled chilli dish. Somehow that seemed more honourable than debasing myself by miming a spoon.

No comments: