Friday 20 November 2015

Touché Hombre (by Biggs)

I was in Melbourne for work today and my work meeting with Nick turned into beers with Nick which turned into dinner with Nick and he chose this Mexican number in which to feast. And feast we did, ordering virtually everything on the menu, several tacos, several quesadillas, tasty little tostadas, chips and dips....beers. Because of all the beers I'd consumed by this point I didn't really do the dinner justice but fuck it was good. I liked my selection of chorizo and potato quesadillas the best because....chorizo.

Based on the name I'd expected to be taken to some sort of seedy, tacky Mexican dive in a back ally somewhere but it turned out to be a very popular, totally trendy Melbourne hotspot. Nick and his girlfriend discovered it by being rewarded with a Touché Hombre voucher for finding and returning a ladies wallet dropped in the street outside their house. If being considerate, kind and helpful results in delicious Mexican like this I think I might need to look into this 'good deeds' business.

No comments: