Sunday 1 November 2015

Seven Days of Vegetarian Spag Bog: Day 1 of 7 (by Biggs)

I have to save money and I have to eat vegetables. Desperately on both fronts!

When I mentioned this to a Amanda she reminded me of the giant pots of bolognese we've cooked over the years and suggested that might be a solution. She went on to suggest, no....challenge me to eat seven days of spag bog. "Imagine the blog", she said.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! 

I bought ALL of the vegetables and cooked them up in a pot with some stock and tinned tomatoes - onion, garlic, carrot, celery, zucchini, snow peas, capsicum and mushrooms. Then I added a bunch of flavour - oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, old bay spice, chili and bay leaves.

It all ended up pretty delicious but this is only Day One. I used an open packet of fettuccine instead of spaghetti but for the next six days, spaghetti it is.

No comments: