Sunday 29 November 2015

Soft-shelled Crab....then Beer and Crisps (by Biggs)

Okay, this was my error. I did bad. Really bad.

I love soft-shelled crab. It's one of my favourites, but usually order them in delightful little Japanese izakayas. What possessed me to order them in a dodgy bowls club I have no idea. The red flags started when the guy taking my order stared at me blankly and called over the chef. He didn't realise they had soft-shelled crab on the menu....concerning. The chef seemed only marginally more sure about the fact but was also clearly stoned as all fuck. More red flags.

I have no idea where they found these crabs but I don't think they'd seen the light of day for quite some time. The batter was cold and fatty but by far and away the best thing on the plate. I took one bite into the black, tarry crab, immediately deposited it into a napkin then RAN AWAY.

Horrifying.

Instead, for dinner, I picked up some beer and crisps on the way home. Much less horrifying.


No comments: