Tuesday 28 July 2015

Bratwurst Sausage Tortillas (by Biggs)

My favourite thing about the blog is checking out the stats of our traffic sources. It tells us which countries people are reading from, what browser and device they're using and keyword searches that have led readers to our blog. 

Some of my favourite key word searches have been 'Cambodian junk food', 'adobo and mung bean purée' and 'damn thirst for knowledge'....of course that search sent someone to our blog. This week there was the new key word search of 'bratwurst sausage tortillas'. Even though that led someone to our blog we've never actually had such a thing before so...an dinner idea was born. The strangest thing is that I discovered there are infact plenty of bratwurst sausage tortilla recipes on the internet. 

This one involved simmering the bratwurst in beer then wrapping them in cheese layered tortillas and grilling them up a bit. The sauce was a white sauce with diced onion and mustard stirred through. I'm super glad I decided to serve them with a salad of cucumber, snow peas and tomatoes. It really helped balance things out a bit. 


1 comment:

G said...

Nothing about this dinner says to me 'good idea' but it was great. Even the vegetables were good - without them I think the bratwurst and sauce would have been a bit overwhelming.