Saturday 11 July 2015

Steak (by Biggs)

Well, once again Rocky has treated me incredibly well. It really is my favourite regional town to visit. Tonight they had a big River Festival going on which was pretty cool. We stopped into the pub to enjoy the community atmosphere....not to mention the incredible beauty of the historic hotel. After a drink we headed to a steakhouse everyone had recommended. I was determined to enjoy a steak whilst in Rocky. And I did.

The steak was admittedly a touch rare for me but an amazing piece of meat that I truly enjoyed. I was pleased to discover the 'rocket salad' was packed full of goat cheese, carrot and spring onions. The potatoes though were oddly sweet.


My colleague was dessert enthusiastic and ordered us a share platter which I, unsurprisingly, did not do justice.


I did however enjoy the decaf espresso martini gifted to her by the waiter. He allegedly felt bad for mocking her for enquiring about decaf coffee....I think he was actually just quite charmed by her.


Fireworks in the rain topped the evening off. 

No comments: