Monday 13 July 2015

Pizza Roll (by G)

Biggs (kind of) demanded hotdogs for dinner. I couldn't do hotdogs again so soon so I decided to make pizza in a roll instead - surely a worthy alternative. I have vague but fond memories of the sweaty pizza rolls I used to buy on drunken raids of a popular convenience store.

They were pretty simple, sliced olives, polish salami, tomato paste and cheese stuffed into some cheap breadrolls and heated in the oven. I covered them at first to avoid drying out the rolls then gave them a few minutes uncovered so they would not turn out sweaty. Unfortunately I left them in too long and the rolls did get a little toothsome. No matter - these were, in my opinion, excellent.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Jane's pizza roll innards on a white hotdog roll outer. Satisfying.