Thursday 23 July 2015

Salmon Pasta Carbonara (by G)

One of the excellent things that you can purchase at the city market on a Wednesday are fillets of hot smoked salmon. In an aberrant fit of pre-planning I bought a chunk of salmon on Wednesday to use in dinner on Thursday. Having gone to all that effort I decided to spare my energy and use it in a simple recipe.

Salmon carbonara is just the same as regular carbonara but with smoked salmon instead of bacon. I inadvertently added a bit too much cream and no amount of eggs would balance it out so the sauce was plenty sloppy. No matter - the result was quite pleasing. The salmon has been coated in chilli pre-smoking, that added a nice background of heat.

I can't buy any more bread related sides until I get rid of all the other bread related sides that I have stashed in the freezer - for that reason I creatively cooked up some roti and brushed them with garlic butter. Not as odd as you might imagine.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I LOOOOOVE smoked salmon. And, this was good and surprising and different and delicious.