Wednesday 15 July 2015

Vege Burgers (by G)

Vegetarian Wednesday is always an anxious time for me, I am reasonably unconvinced that vegetables alone can make a meal... this week I struck on the idea of making a vege burger. Something familiar made with something undesirable.

Jaime Oliver, of course, has a recipe for vege burgers and it's not damn bad. Basically the patty is a mixture of peas, corn and broad beans, flour, coriander, sunflower and sesame seeds all wazzed up and formed into a burger shape then fried. His recipe included onion rings and vegan mayonnaise but just making the burgers was about as much effort as I was willing to go to - served on a bun with tomato, lettuce and smoke flavoured plastic cheese. I also made a side of cheesy fries with garlic and coriander.

The patties were a bit wet, otherwise this was a winning vegetarian meal.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

These were delicious. No structural stability but very tasty.