Monday 27 July 2015

Glazed Salmon and Salad (by G)

Biggs has struck on the idea that we should limit our dinner portions to, like, one portion each. The only way I know how to limit portions is with fish.
I bought some salmon pieces, grilled them skin side down then removed the skin and fried that separately to get it crispy. The meat pieces were then brushed with a mix of soy, sugar, mirin, ketjap manis and savoury chilli sauce and grilled.

Portion control also involves a modest amount of salad, in this case cabbage, chilli, coriander, spring onion and toasted sesame seeds dressed with yoghurt, some of the salmon glaze and lime.

Despite my aversion to cooking fish I thought the meal was pretty good, didn’t stink up the kitchen too much. That counts as a win… but boy am I hungry.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Oh yeah. This was good. It tasted exactly like that Japanese eel that I love so much. Except that it tasted like salmon.