Tuesday 7 July 2015

Pork Belly Tortillas (by G)

As I had some left-over pork belly from dinner last night I, naturally, decided to make pork belly tortillas. I also happened to buy some annatto sauce on the weekend - sauce made from the red seeds of some Latin American bush that is commonly paired with pork.

Prep was pretty easy. Bathe the pork belly in the sauce and slow roast in the oven over a bed of sliced red onion. Then a blast under the grill to try (unsuccessfully) to get the pork skin crackly.

I was going to make a few fixin's for the tortillas but laziness dictated that I just chopped 4 types of chillies (red, green, jalapeno and bullhorn) and stirred them though mashed avocado with lime juice, salt and pepper.

I must say - this was a very good tortilla combo when topped with some chilli sauce.

No comments: